Facial Oils - A Beauty Trend That's Here to Stay
Do you tend to keep your eye out for the latest beauty trends? If so, you’re likely very aware of the facial oils craze that has inundated the skincare and beauty world. Though it may have taken some time to “sink in” that putting oil on your skin is actually a good thing, you’ve probably dipped your toe in the water and tried one or more of the oils out there. Whether you are a DIY’er that concocts your own beauty elixirs in your kitchen or you browse the world wide web for the latest and greatest blend, it’s important to know what you’re getting and how these various oils benefit your skin. News Flash – Facial oils are here to stay! MindBodyGreen recently published a very informative article that explains which oils are best for which skin type. Click here to read the whole article. SIBU does Sea Buckthorn, or Sea Berry as we like to call it, and it’s all we do. Keep reading to learn a few key details about the facial oils that are extracted from this little orange berry. First of all, all Sea Berries are not created equal. Growing throughout most parts of Asia and Europe, there are several different species of the berry. Turkestanica ssp. is known to be the most nutrient dense of all species of the berry and is used exclusively in all SIBU products. Turkestanica Sea Berries grow in the valleys of the Himalayan Mountains at 12,000 to 14,000 feet above sea level. The high altitude and low oxygen levels - not to mention the extreme climate - produce a berry that has fortified itself in order to survive and thrive for over 13 centuries. Two different oils are extracted from these "beauty berries", each one providing unique benefits. Here are the key things to remember when choosing a Sea Buckthorn oil.
- Fruit or pulp oil is extracted from the pulp or flesh of the berry and is rich in Omega-7 fatty acids. It is a deep red/orange color due to the plethora of carotenoids that are part of its nutrient profile. This oil is most beneficial if taken internally where the abundance of Omega-7 (palmitoleic acid) supports healthy skin, hair and nails from the inside. Omega-7 helps the skin, our body’s largest organ, to function the way it’s supposed to. It is ok to apply this oil topically, HOWEVER, due to the tint of the oil, you are best to mix only a small amount (1-2 drops) with the Sea Berry Seed Oil or other carrier oil or moisturizer.
- Seed oil is extracted from the tiny seed of the Sea Berry. It is a beautiful golden color and is ideal for topical application. Omegas 3 and 6 combine with copious amounts of anti-oxidants (Vitamins E and A) to nourish, restore and regenerate the skin. This oil has been used to heal the skin and combat and prevent the signs of age for over a century!
- SIBU uses only Super Critical CO2 Extraction to extract the oils from the pulp and the seed of the Sea Berry. This is important in insuring that the highest concentration of nutrients is retained in the oils.
- SIBU oils are 100% Certified USDA Organic.
- We recommend ingesting the oil via our Omega-7 Support Soft Gels (which is a blend of Fruit and Seed Oil) or the Omega-7 Blend or Omega-7 Pure Juices. All 3 provide all of the health benefits of Sea Berries’ 190 bioactive compounds including Omegas 3, 6, 7 & 9.
- Topically, the Sea Berry Seed Oil is a great facial oil for every skin type. Whether you need extra hydration for your dry skin or anti-microbial benefits for your oily, acne prone skin, the Seed Oil can benefit everyone. Apply as an “all over” beauty oil or as a spot treatment on specific areas.