How to Have The Perfect DIY Spa Day At Home
There is nothing better than spending the day at a day spa being pampered. Salt scrubs, massages, facials . . . the list of goes on and on. But if a day at the spa isn’t exactly in your budget, don’t worry. Planning a DIY spa day is easy and so much fun! An at-home spa day might seem like it would take a lot of planning and work. But pampering yourself in the comfort of your own home couldn’t be easier and more inexpensive. Why pay hundreds of dollars when you can get the same luxurious DIY spa experience at home?
Getting StartedWhat do you love most about going to the spa? Is it the low lighting? The soft music? The fluffy towels? Yes, yes and yes! Day spas are well known for creating an atmosphere of relaxation and you can achieve that same atmosphere at home during your DIY spa day. Here are a few things to have on hand:
- Nice towels - Invest in some soft, thick towels you can use during your at-home spa day. You don’t have to spend a lot to get some nice towels that will leave you feeling totally pampered.
- Bathrobe - Skip the yoga pants and instead, opt for a nice soft bathrobe. You’ll be able to totally relax and enjoy your DIY spa without worrying about getting your clothes dirty.
- Add something green - Bring a vase full of flowers or a nice green plant into your DIY spa. They are nice to look at and can help you connect with nature.
- Create a relaxing playlist - Set your phone to do not disturb and put on your most relaxing playlist. It will help you feel better and set the perfect DIY spa feel.
- Cucumber and fruit water - Add a glass pitcher filled with ice cold water, cucumber slices and your favorite fruit and some pretty glasses to your DIY spa day. Sit back and relax while sipping your favorite fruity water. Don’t forget to add a splash of Omega-7 Blend to make it even healthier.
Exfoliating ScrubsExfoliation is a great way to rejuvenate your body from head to toe and an essential part of any DIY spa day. Using simple ingredients at home like oatmeal, coconut oil, coffee grounds, sugar, and essential oils, you can great a great smelling, exfoliating scrub that will leave your skin looking and feeling like a million bucks. Here are a few of our favorites for your own DIY spa day:
- Coffee Scrub - Mix 1 cup of used coffee grounds with 1 cup of sugar, ½ cup of melted coconut oil and a few drops of Sea Berry Seed Oil until they are combined. Store in a glass jar with a lid. Keep it by the shower and use it to make every day feel like an at-home spa day.
- Brown Sugar Scrub - Mix 1 cup of brown sugar with 1 cup of raw oatmeal, 1 cup of olive oil, and a few drops of SIBU Luxe Oil until combined. Apply the mixture and rub in slow circles all over your skin while standing over a towel. Once you scrub of the majority of the scrub, jump in the shower and rinse the rest off. Try to get as much off your skin before you shower so you don’t clog up the pipes with the oatmeal.
Hydration for Your SkinWhen your skin is feeling dry, a DIY spa day can be just the ticket. After exfoliating your skin, be sure to apply some deep moisturizing products like the SIBU Miracle Stick, the Moisturizing Body Cream, or your own body butter, whipped up with this easy recipe:
- Melt equal parts of shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes until it starts to set up slightly. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils (we love adding Sea Buckthorn Fruit or Seed Oil) and whip the mix until it thickens to a butter consistency. Store in an airtight jar and apply as often as needed.